Based in London, I have been creating work for editorial clients since 2005. I started out making portraits for publications such as How To Spend It, Saturday Telegraph, New York Times, Monocle & The Guardian Weekend. Shortly after, I was commissioned to shoot interior features. I love symmetry in portraiture, and hence shooting interior projects have become a second nature to my photographic practice.
If I am not in the UK, I am most likely to be found in India where I make most of mypersonal work. I was born there, and have a strong connection to the people and landscape, which draws me in at least once a year. My images from India can be seen at www.parchai.com.
Over the years I have worked with clients who have allowed me to explore my love for photography via commissions that keep on expanding my portfolio artistically. Shooting editorial projects feeds into my personal work through ideas and creativity.
Thank you for taking the time to see my work. If you have any comments, suggestions or would like to commission me, feel free to call or e-mail me. I have a print folio I would be happy to bring around to you. I will be updating this website with new images frequently so feel free to peek at it from time to time.
- 2013 – Light Works / ABP, Sycracuase, USA
- 2011 – Monastery residency, participating in September 2011, Norway
- 2006 – The Art House Incydent/Incydenty “Patch the Border”, Cieszyn, Poland
- 2005 – Toscana Photographic Workshop “Focus on Monferrato”, Italy
- 2012 – Kingsley Hall, London, UK
- 2008 – Dhaka, portrait of a City, Rich Mix Center, London, UK
- 2007 – The East African Asians of London, Bexley Hall & Gardens, London, UK
- 2012 – Halsnoy Kloster, Norway
- 2010- The Annenberg Space For Photography, Slideshow night, LA, USA
- 2009 – Royal Academy Summer Exhibition, London, UK
- 2009 – Environment Photography of the Year, London, UK
- 2008 – Environment Photography of the Year, London, UK
- 2006 – 24 London, Three European cities in three days for Visit London, UK
- 2006 – Inydenty-Zablizianie International Art Residency in Cieszyn, Poland
- 2006 – FotoGrafia International Festival of Photography, Rome, Italy
- 2006 – BBC “Who do you think you are?” at the British Library, London
- 2011 – Photographers Gallery commission for 2012 Olympics, London, UK
- 2010 – Nominated for the Prix Pictet 3rd round award, London, UK
- 2007 – Joan Wakelin Award, The Royal Photographic Society, London, UK
- 2006 – The Guardian / UnLimited Social Entrepreneur Award, London, UK
- 2006 – Magenta Foundation, 2006 UK Emerging Photographer, Canada
- 2006 – Winston Churchill Fellowship Award, London, UK
- 2005 – MA Photography, London College of Communication, London, UK
- 1999 – MBA Masters of Business Administration, London, UK
- 1995 – BA Economics, Politics & Public Policy, Goldsmiths College, London, UK